Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rama, the Legend Review

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: Rama, the Legend, about which I write the following sentences: "I haven't read the 'Ramayana,' but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't contain a goofy crow who wears a baseball cap. 'Rama, the Legend,' does. Let me clarify that. In a graphic novel which is meant to retell the story of Rama, the great Hindu epic hero -- the man who faced multi-headed evil gods and flying poisonous snakes with only his companions and his bow and arrows -- well, we get all that, plus a goofy crow who narrates bits of the story while wearing a baseball cap. It's like Poochie has risen up out of his 'Simpsons' grave and made this ancient Hindu text 110% more extreme! How embarrassing for everyone involved."

Read the entire review HERE.

No comments: