Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Reviews: Aliens #1 and Incredible Hercules #129

I wrote a couple of CBR review from last week that I never got around to linking to: Aliens #1 and Incredible Hercules #129.

Surprisingly, the Aliens comic ended up with the better score, although I'm quite fond of the Hercules series. But Arcudi has some fun with subverting reader expectation in the Aliens comic, and the art on the newest issue of Hercules is too hammy for my tastes.

See what I have to say, and then come back here and tell me what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't read Hercules, but your bang on about Aliens.

I was very surprised at the quality of the issue as well, even though I knew Arcudi was writing.

And, yep, that 'misdirection' came out of nowhere and has put the story on a completely different tangent.

Great stuff!